CLOSED: Investor & Volunteer Relations, Oxford
August 13, 2014
H2O is offering an exciting opportunity for an investor and volunteer relations manager to develop an investment network and corporate volunteering programme. This is a new post to support our ambitious new six-year programme of social enterprise creation in East Africa (begun July 2014) focussing on the economic development of smallholder farmers.
Who are H2O Venture Partners?
H2O Venture Partners (www.h2ovp.com) is a ground-breaking business in the field of social entrepreneurship and impact investment. We are a small, friendly team of experienced entrepreneurs and support staff with diverse backgrounds operating out of offices in Oxford, UK, and Kigali, Rwanda and with activities spanning the UK, East Africa and India.
We run a highly creative process of business development, from initial idea to the fully funded, autonomous trading enterprise. We apply our skills to create sustainable, profitable enterprises that achieve significant social impact in the fields of health and poverty alleviation.
What is the role?
Initially focussing on H2O’s East African programme, you will help further develop and manage H2O’s relationships with socially motivated High Net Worth and institutional investors internationally. In addition, you will play the lead role in establishing a corporate volunteering programme for funded, long term placements with our social enterprises.
You will work with creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude to communicate the value of our unique proposition to investors through email, web, phone and face to face. This will include organising events that bring our supporters and social enterprises together, as well as raising awareness for our work at a national and international level.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an individual who believes in the power of social enterprises and impact investment as an agent for international development and poverty alleviation. You must be:
• Bright, energetic and personable
• Relish responsibility and be capable of working autonomously to deliver high-level goals
• Have excellent communication skills and enjoy pitching new ideas to wealthy individuals and senior industry executives
You will ideally have:
• Experience of fundraising / investor relations, and knowledge of corporate volunteering programmes
• Field experience of international development, especially in East Africa and an understanding of agricultural value chains
• An understanding of early stage business – including business planning, financial forecasting and fundraising
• A higher degree in a relevant subject
What we offer
• Permanent, full-time position (part-time considered).
• Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
• Based in Oxford, UK, with UK and international travel.
• Preferred start date: October 2014.
Closing date: we do not expect to consider applications received after 5th September 2014.
Please respond in the first instance with a CV and covering letter, by email only, citing the reference ‘Fund-H2O’, to [email protected]