H2O RECRUITING: Business Development Managers, Kigali
September 23, 2014
Open Positions - Rwanda
H2O is offering an exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial individuals to employ and further develop their skills in business creation and development. Successful candidates will work with an international entrepreneurial team on the development of ambitious agricultural enterprises in Rwanda as part of a six year fully funded programme.
What is H2O Venture Partners?
H2O Venture Partners is a ground-breaking business in the field of social entrepreneurship and impact investment. Based in Oxford, UK, and Kigali, and with interest more widely in East Africa and also in India, we are a team of entrepreneurs and support staff. We originate new business ideas and then run a full, highly creative process of business creation. Increasingly we apply our skills to impact investment: creating sustainable, profitable enterprises benefiting the poor of emerging economies.
What is the Job?
We are recruiting up to four new Business Development Managers to validate opportunities for new social enterprises and, if appropriate, develop these into full businesses. Activities will include: identifying the lead market opportunities; developing the business model that unlocks best value for the business in those markets; completing an extensive market assessment; securing lead commercial and technical partnership opportunities; recruiting key management; capturing the whole in a coherent business plan with full financial forecasts; and raising the investment required to take the business through to profitability.
Who Are We Looking For?
You will be a creative self-starter, who enjoys working with considerable discretion to deliver high level outcomes, and with the following key attributes:
• Fluent written and spoken English, essential.
• Excellent numeracy and computer skills – particularly Excel, essential.
• Expertise in basic business concepts – including business planning, financial forecasting, market assessments, etc.
• Evidence of entrepreneurship – ideally, previous experience of establishing a new business.
• Experience in agribusiness in East Africa, desirable.
• Ideally, a University degree in a technical subject: sciences, agriculture, engineering, agronomy, economics, business, etc.
Terms & Conditions
• Full time
• Based in Kigali, Rwanda
• Remuneration commensurate with experience
Please respond with a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
We do not require certificates or transcripts at this time, please do not send.
We can accept MS word or PDF documents only.
Closing date: Monday, October 13th, 2014